The East Africa Trade and Investment Hub requires the services of a qualified and experienced copy editor with a proven track record in East Africa to assist in the editing and formatting of reports for publication.
The copy editor will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following detailed tasks:
- Edit texts of a specialized or technical nature to ensure accuracy, clarity, cohesion and conformity with Associated Press Style standards, policy and practice;
- Consult with relevant Hub consultants and technical leads to clarify ambiguities, ensure conformity with specific aspects of editorial policy and practice, and rectify substantive errors;
- Provide professional-level formatting. The document should be ready for publication.
- Check copy after layout against submitted Word file, noting any omissions, additional text, or final revisions;
- In consultation with the Deputy Chief of Party, agree on specific return dates for each publication to be edited and communicate and explain any potential delays immediately to the relevant Technical Lead:
- Additional responsibilities may include writing headings, figure titles and basic fact checking;
- Reports to be copy edited will be sent to the editor on an occasional basis.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience as an English-language editor with demonstrated experience working on technical texts in economics and development;
- Familiarity with Associated Press Style Book is required;
- Demonstrated experience with completing documents for print;
- Experience drafting and editing documents for USAID or international developmental organizations will be an added advantage;
- Exceptional skills in grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax and vocabulary;
- Efficiency, accuracy, organization skills, dependability, and attention to detail;
- Experience with graphics design and/or experience with information visualization approaches is desired.
DAI will only respond to written questions regarding this call for application through the email address:ProcurementTIH@eatradehub.org. Questions must be submitted no later than Friday, 19th June 2015 at 11:59 PM. Only vendors who will send their information by the deadline will be eligible for evaluation.
Please indicate the Request for Proposals number RFP-NAI-00016 – Copy Editor Services in the subject line of your email.