The Consultant will undertake a short-term assignment (8 calendar weeks) to provide technical assistance to the Tanzania Ministry of Industry and Trade to extensively engage the national stakeholders in order to finalize the Draft Tanzania National AGOA Strategy and, ultimately, produce a practical strategy that is validated and acceptable to both, the private sector and the Government of Tanzania.
The Consultant will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following detailed tasks:
- Review of the Draft AGOA Strategy and existing National export strategies and summarize key stakeholder engagement topics.
- Work with the designated Ministry official and the Hub country representative to meet key AGOA stakeholders from the country’s 33 counties and solicit their input into the draft strategy
- Produce a summary of stakeholders’ feedback that identifies the gaps, areas of concurrence and improvement in the draft strategy;
- Produce a revised strategy including input from stakeholders for review and adoption by the Ministry. Obtain written concurrence of the designated representative of the Minister of Industry and Trade.
- Provide technical support to the Ministry Industry and Trade to plan and organize the Launch of AGOA strategy.
Download scope of work here.
Download scope full advert here.