Who we are
The USAID East Africa Trade and Investment Hub (the Hub) boosts trade and investment with and within East Africa. It does this by deepening regional integration, increasing the competitiveness of select regional agricultural value chains, promoting two-way trade with the United States (U.S.) under the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) and facilitating investment and technology to drive trade growth intra-regionally and to global markets. The Hub It is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
Read our fact sheet to learn more.
Read our trifold to learn more.
Where we work
We work within the East African Community countries – Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda – and in Ethiopia, Madagascar, and Mauritius.
The Hub's accomplishments to Date:
- $358.8 million in supported exports through AGOA
- $103.5 million of new private sector investment
- 42,734 new jobs (full and part-time)
- 15 policy and regulatory reforms
- 2,777 export buyer-seller linkages
- 858 food security producers and organizations supported
- 82 trade and investment missions
- 1,543 firms receiving capacity building assistance to export
Updated: May 2018
The USAID East Africa Trade and Investment Hub is a proud component of the Feed the Future presidential initiative.
About Feed the Future:
Feed the Future works from farms to markets to tables to improve incomes and nutrition. Our goal is to reduce the prevalence of poverty and the prevalence of stunted children (a measure of under nutrition) each by 20 percent in the areas where we work. This means more families will be able to lift themselves out of poverty and pay for things like nutritious food, education and health care.