Are you interested in East African Community integration and competitiveness? So are we. Development Alternatives Inc. (DAI), an international development company that manages the East Africa Trade and Investment Hub, is currently accepting applications for the East Africa Trade and Investment Hub Senior Agricultural Trade Expert and Value Chain Development Specialist, based in Nairobi.
The East Africa Trade and Investment Hub is a five-year U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) project that partners with the East African public sector and East African and U.S. businesses to attract investment that drives intra-regional trade and economic growth.
Job description - Senior Agricultural Trade Expert
We encourage candidates with the following qualifications to apply:
- A bachelor’s degree, though we strongly prefer a master’s degree, or equivalent, in international trade, agricultural economics, public policy, business administration, agricultural development or related area
- At least ten years of relevant experience, at least five of which should be in developing countries, preferably Africa
- At least five years of experience related to developing an enabling environment for agricultural investment and trade
- Demonstrated ability in policy development and in providing technical assistance for implementation
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with institutional and private sector partners and stakeholders in a multi-country setting
- Ability to use the latest ICT technology and computer software programs
- Level IV equivalent of English writing, speaking and reading ability
Interested applicants should send their CV and a cover letter via email to RecruitmentTIH@DAI.com by February 20, 2015. Only candidates who send their information by the deadline will be eligible. Please write "Application for Senior Agricultural Trade Expert" in the subject line. Visit www.eatradehub.org to learn more about this position.