Subscribe to our newsletter HUB INFOGRAPHICS, FACT SHEETS & SUCCESS STORIES THE AFRICA GROWTH AND OPPORTUNITY ACT (AGOA) Trade & Investment News Read Our Blog HUB EVENT VIDEOS Newsletters

Wambugu Kamotho

Published on June 06, 2017

Wambugu_Kamotho.jpgWambugu Kamotho was among the top 25 innovators in the East Africa Postharvest Technology Competition 2017.

Technology : Wafalme Logistics & Transport Solutions LLC.

We develop software and web portals that help farmers & SME access transport and logistics solutions through the mobile digital devices. We also help small asset owners access business quickly via our Web Portal & App. Our Farmers & SMEs will request via app or web portal to have a transport solution. Our Asset owners in our data base nearest to our client carry out the duties assigned by the client, book the cargo and give out the quotation inclusive of Commission. Client is notified of all available assets in their location and the quotes given by the various asset owners. Client chooses the best quote, deposits the funds to Wafalme Accounts. Wafalme then disperses a 70% of the full amount to the asset owner and the remaining 30% once produce has reached the final destination and client is satisfied.

Impact : Developed in 2016, the Web Portal has been tested. 114 asset owners had already registered with us fully in the first Quarter of launching the Portal. Clients find it easier to trust our services rather than go through the hustle of getting Logistics Solutions. Our service Providers have with time built trust with our services even attracting the Chairman of the East African Driver League Mr. Hassan. Due to the unique needs of both our clients and service providers we’ve had to upgrade our earlier platform to a more stable and secure portal as we see the number of accounts growing significantly.

Email: info@wafalmelogistics.co.ke