OBJECTIVES AND DUTIES
The Human Resource Officer will be responsible for managing Human Resource and Administration Office functions of the Hub. The tasks include both Human Resource and Administrative duties listed below;
HUMAN RESOURCE FUNCTIONS
- Manage recruitments, drafting employment agreements for staff and other correspondences pertaining to Human Resource matters.
- Plan and facilitate employees on boarding, staff orientation and performance reviews
- Manage the Human Resource files and documents for staff including timesheets and correspondences on disciplinary, salary increments and promotions, performance review.
- Carry out Employee Bio Data (EBD) verification process.
- Ensure all HR/Personnel files have all documents required
- Manage and follow through with travel, work permits and visa arrangements
- Manage the office stationery and kitchen supply and ensure items are regularly stocked.
- Manage the filing of Project administration files documents and follow up on missing documentation and ensure it is received and filed.
- Organizes, manages and processes all official DAI correspondences and other project documents, including incoming, outgoing and interoffice mail.
- On monthly basis, process the Hub office utility bills and other office general payments.
- Books and confirms all air tickets, hotel reservations and other travel arrangements for project staff and official visitors.
- Oversee project vehicle maintenance, log sheets and Fuel trackers.
- Arranges all visas and customs exemptions for Expatriate staff.
- Arranges and schedules meetings and appointments for staff when needed
- Carries out other duties within the project as assigned by Admin, HR and Procurement Manager or Director of Operations or Chief of Party their designee.
- Degree in Business Administration or Human Resources or any other relevant field.
- IT competency.
- Minimum 4 years work experience of which at least 3 years should be in Human resource and Administration. USAID work experience is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of local laws and regulations related to personnel management and compliance.
- Excellent writing, speaking, and reading skills in English.
- Good analytical skills and attention to details.
- Working knowledge in using Microsoft office required.
- Honesty, confidentiality and integrity required.
- Cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to work with strict deadlines.
- Competency in performing multiple functional tasks.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their CV and a cover letter via email to RecruitmentTIH@eatradehub.org by July 02, 2015, 11.59pm East Africa Local time. Only candidates who send their information by the deadline will be eligible. Please write “Application for “Human Resource Officer” in the email subject line. Download scope of work here