The East Africa Trade and Investment Hub (the hub) seeks qualified individual consultant with technical expertise and proven track record in East Africa to apply for a short- term assignment to develop a strategy to guide the implementation of EAC Food and Nutrition Security Policy.
The study will be undertaken through overall coordination of the hub policy and agricultural teams and EAC Agriculture and Health focal persons. It will involve in-depth review of the approved FNSP, recently approved sectoral policies implementation strategic plans, EAC policy organs organizational structure, EAC projects/program budgeting guide, among other documents. Consultations will be undertaken with key stakeholder institutions including the EAC Secretariat (Agriculture Department and Health Departments), EAC Partner States, USAID/EA Food and Nutrition Security team, East, Central and Southern Africa (ECSA) Health Community and UNICEF as well as any other as EAC may guide at the onset of this exercise. Minimal travel is envisaged to the EAC Secretariat at inception stage and during the validation workshops. A detailed description of methods and approaches will be provided by the consultant.
The consultant will be required to:
- Review EAC Food and Nutrition Security Policy and provide highlights and strategic direction.
- Analyze the current situation of Food and Nutrition security in the EAC including the recent developments and the challenges.
- Based on the strategic issues/objectives in the policy document, provide specific interventions to address EAC Food and Nutrition Security situation in the EAC (based on stakeholders consultations) and also provide activities to be undertaken.
- Develop critical targets to be achieved in the next 5 years.
- Develop implementation plan which should include strategic objectives, interventions, activities, time frame, implementing agency (Lead and supporting), indicative resources required.
- Ensure that issues of gender, youth, environment, climate change, value addition, market access, post-harvest technologies, among others are adequately addressed in the plan
- Develop EAC Food and Nutrition Security policy implementation strategy log frame.
- Develop monitoring and evaluation plan for implementation of the strategy.
Download the Call for CVs and Scope of Work below for full details.
Interested candidates should send their proposal to procurementTIHInbox@eatradehub.org by Sunday, July 26 2015, 11.59 pm East African Time.