The East Africa Trade and Investment Hub requires the services of an experienced Copy Editor
to assist in finalizing project reports for publication.
The copy editor will:
• Edit texts of a specialized or technical nature to ensure accuracy, clarity, cohesion and conformity with Associated Press Stylebook standards, policy and practice;
• Consult with the relevant consultants and technical leads to clarify ambiguities, ensure conformity with specific aspects of editorial policy and practice, and rectify substantive errors;
• Provide consistent formatting and a professional layout;
• Check copy after layout against submitted Word file, noting any omissions, additional text, or final revisions;
• In consultation with the Director of Communications, agree on specific return dates for each publication to be edited and communicate and explain any potential delays immediately to the relevant Technical Lead:
• Additional responsibilities may include writing headings, figure titles and basic fact checking;
The following deliverables will be the responsibility of the consultant, to be delivered in accordance with deadlines to be agreed for each item.
• Final documents should be duly edited and laid-out, and be ready to be published;
• Documents will follow a report format that will be pre-agreed with the Director of Communications and relevant technical lead;
• Attendance at meetings and provide consultation as required.
Interested applicants should send their application via email to recruitmentTIH@eatradehub.org by Wednesday, January 13, 2016, 22.59 hours, East Africa Local time. Please write “Application for Copy Editor” in the email subject line.
Read the complete scope of work to see what your application should include.