Are you interested in East African Community integration and competitiveness? So are we. Development Alternatives Inc. (DAI), an international development company that manages the East Africa Trade and Investment Hub, is currently accepting applications for the East Africa Trade and Investment Hub Gender Manager based in Nairobi.
OBJECTIVES AND DUTIES:
The Gender Manager will ensure that gender considerations are integrated into East Africa TIH activities by addressing gender inequality issues in formal and informal cross-border trade.
The Gender Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following detailed tasks:
• Ensure gender issues are fully integrated into the TIH work plan, PMP, and component activities.
• Identify and lead strategies to mainstream gender equity into trade policy, trade facilitation, entrepreneurship, and other activities. • Addresses important gaps in integrating gender issues into formal and informal cross-border trade.
• Work proactively with COP, DCOP, and Component Leaders to catalyze efforts to increase women’s participation in TIH activities.
• Develop systems to measure success of gender inclusion in TIH activities. • Monitor and report on results related to gender strategies. QUALIFICATIONS:
• A bachelor’s degree in a related field; master’s degree strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated experience designing and leading strategies to mainstream gender issues into trade policy considerations.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with institutional and private sector partners and stakeholders in a multi-country setting.
• At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in trade and policy facilitation.
Interested applicants should send their CV and a cover letter via email to RecruitmentTIH@DAI.com by April 30, 2015. Only candidates who send their information by the deadline will be eligible. Please write “Application for “Gender Manager” in the subject line.